We are thrilled to announce our work for Capital City Honey Company has been selected by the 2020 jury to appear in Design Annual 61, the September/October 2020 issue of Communication Arts.
Communication Arts magazine, a professional journal for those involved in creativity in visual communications, has announced the winners of its 61st annual design competition. One hundred and twenty-six projects were selected by a jury of creative professionals; 2,947 entries were submitted to the competition. The selected projects will be reproduced in the September/October 2020 issue of Communication Arts. More than 25,000 copies of the issue will be distributed worldwide assuring important exposure to the creators and publishers of these award-winning projects.
About Communication Arts
Communication Arts is a professional journal for designers, art directors, design firms, corporate design departments, agencies, illustrators, photographers and everyone involved in visual communications. Through its editorials, feature articles and the annual competitions it sponsors, CA provides new ideas and information, while promoting the highest professional standards for the field.
Now in its 61st year, CA continues to showcase the current best—whether it’s from industry veterans or tomorrow’s stars—in design, advertising, photography, illustration, interactive and typography. Everything is reproduced with quality printing and attention to detail unmatched by any trade publication anywhere.
With a paid circulation of 25,000 (21,766 subscribers and 3,424 single copy sales), CA has a rich tradition of representing the aspirations of a continually-growing and quality-conscious field of visual communications. CA’s editorial content, knowledgeable presentation and writing, use of color and quality reproduction are all designed to be consistent with the standards CA’s readers set for themselves in their own careers.
About the 61st Design Competition and Annual
Published each September, the Design Annual incorporates special reproduction techniques developed by CA, including quality 200-line color separation and printing on premium 70 lb. coated paper by one of the finest printers in the United States. Everything that was originally in color is reproduced in color at a size that allows the concept to be understood.
Of the 2,947 entries to the 61st Design Annual, only 126 were accepted, representing the work of 100 designers, design firms and in-house design departments, making the Design Annual the most exclusive major design competition in the world.
- Cara Ang, design director, Asylum, Singapore
- Tad Carpenter, partner/creative director, Carpenter Collective, Kansas City, mo
- Vince Frost, executive creative director, Frost*collective, Sydney, Australia
- Renata Graw, design director, Normal, Chicago, il
- Gareth Howat, founding partner, Hat-trick Design, London, United Kingdom
- Samia Jacintho, creative director, CASA REX, São Paulo, Brazil
- Arutza Rico Onzaga, creative director, Arutza Design Studio, Bogota, Colombia
- Sarah Moffat, chief creative officer, Turner Duckworth, San Francisco, ca
- Kevin Shaw, founder, Stranger & Stranger, New York, ny
- Dylan Staniul, principal/creative director, Burnkit, Vancouver, Canada
View Work for Capital City Honey Co.